Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

First Car

 Don't be confused by the title, because I still have not gotten my first car, unfortunately! However, today I am going to be talking about the right time to get a car because we all know some kids don't deserve to get a car right away.

I turned 16 five months ago and got my license two months ago. Ever since I got my license I have been begging my parents to help me pay for one. You see, when my brother got his license they refused to buy him a car, but mostly because he was a bit of a pot head. So because I'm the good kid in the family I kinda thought that I would get a car, right?

NO! Right after my brother got a job (2 years after getting his license!) he got a car! Now since I have a job and am a lot more mature about money and such things, I was hoping they would give in to my constant nagging.

My friend got her license a month ago and you know when she got a car? 4 months ago! That's right, she got a car before she got her license.

So I guess what I am trying to say is, there is a right time to get your first car. Here are some things to consider before begging your parents or-for the parents reading this-getting your little baby a car.

  1. MONEY! How much money do they have saved up? And how much are you willing to pitch in? Are you going to be making monthly payments or are they? Who is getting the loan? Who is paying for the insurance? Who will pay for gas?
  2. MATURITY! How well are they doing in school? Do they have a job? Do they spend their weekends at home studying or out partying? 
  3. RESPONSIBILITY! Parents- Are you willing to let them go? Do you think they will be safe being independent on the road? Does it seem like they will be able to car for a car? 

So yes, there are a lot of things to consider! But in the end, it is the parents decision- or I suppose if the kids have enough money on their own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment